17,050 Posts

·
Registered
17,050 Posts

·
Premium Member
36,632 Posts
RunnerFL said:
You could also get this enclosure and a pair of 3TB drives. Set it up as RAID 1 and not lose recordings unless the HR34 itself dies.
That's the problem that needs fixing, not just on the 34, but on the rest of the HR lineup. All we need is the ability to have any HR within an account be able to read any HDD with content recorded by HRs within the same account.

Rich

·
Registered
17,050 Posts
Rich said:
That's the problem that needs fixing, not just on the 34, but on the rest of the HR lineup. All we need is the ability to have any HR within an account be able to read any HDD with content recorded by HRs within the same account.

Rich
Agreed

·
Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.
15,541 Posts
Rich said:

Rich
Amen.

:)

·
Cool Member
26 Posts
RunnerFL said:
I'm not using that specific drive but I'm running a 9TB RAID 5 array using the enclosure below. Works great, no problems.

Snip...
So are you saying you've passed the two hundred hour limit? Or just that it is attached, and appears to be working? Thanks for the info. :)

·
Registered
3,957 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
16,344 Posts
I don't know about a 9tb system, but I will seriously consider going raid if the single point of failure issue is resolved (and someone tests putting it on a different DVR, which I know will be tried the first night.)

·
Registered
17,050 Posts
dpeters11 said:
I don't know about a 9tb system, but I will seriously consider going raid if the single point of failure issue is resolved (and someone tests putting it on a different DVR, which I know will be tried the first night.)
I've got RAID setups on a couple of units now. If they, I'm not holding my breath, make it so that the content is tied to an account and not a dvice then I'll go RAID on all my DVRs.

1 - 20 of 132 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.