DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Mentor
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everything seems to be working fine but it seems kind of slow and laggy on the response compared to the Directv remote.

Does anyone have this setup and did you tweak any settings in the Harmony's settings to get a better response?

· Icon
689 Posts
I'd love to know as well. I've been using the Harmony One for about 2 years with my HR20, and when I recently got the HR34 I didn't even update the Harmony software to refeclt the change in receiver. The Harmony One still seems to control everything the same so far. One thing I did notice is the quick replay button doesn't seem to always rewind play about 6-8 seconds (whatever it is). Also, when I FF, when I hit play the buffer doesn't see to jump back 6-8 seconds.

I was likewise wondering if I needed to tweak some of the timing settings.

· Dry as a bone
12,321 Posts
BuffaloDenny said:
One thing I did notice is the quick replay button doesn't seem to always rewind play about 6-8 seconds (whatever it is). Also, when I FF, when I hit play the buffer doesn't see to jump back 6-8 seconds.
Those are issues with the HR34, not your Harmony.

· Legend
261 Posts
Has anyone programmed a shortcut to smart search for the Harmony One. The menus are so f'n slow on the HR34, that I programmed a sequence of Menu>arrow down>select>select with two random light controller commands between menu and arrow down, and it still won't trigger the smart search. HELP!!!

· Mentor
35 Posts
slickshoes said:
Has anyone programmed a shortcut to smart search for the Harmony One. The menus are so f'n slow on the HR34, that I programmed a sequence of Menu>arrow down>select>select with two random light controller commands between menu and arrow down, and it still won't trigger the smart search. HELP!!!
Ain't gonna work!
If you watch the TV screen when you hit the menu command on the remote, you will notice that you get a blank (settings) screen, and then you will get the menu screen. That first screen is throwing everything off. It's not going to work until Directv fixes that. . .

Eneg

· Cool Member
16 Posts
slickshoes said:
I don't have an HR34, but from doing something similar with other equipment, try looking at the delay you have set between each of those key presses. I start with the default and if that works then I reduce them until they won't work then turn them back up again until they do. It could be that the delay in your case is too short.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.