DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
AllStar
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting an HR34 installed in next saturday. I am going to move my HR-24 to my living room and currently have recordings. My question is, will i be able to keep or transfer those recordings to the HR-34? I was also wondering which SWM 5 OR 16 will be used and where does that get installed. I think i have the 5 right now when i got the HR-24 installed last year but will it be replaced by the 16?

One more question, will the DVR's be independent of each other as to the deletion of recordings...i don't want my kids deleting recodings i made on the HR34 in my theater and deleting them on the HR24 in the living room when they are watching cartoons. :D

·
Hall Of Fame
16,344 Posts
You have a SWM-8. If you will just have the HR24 ad HR34, they won't do anything with the SWM as you'll be under 8 tuners. You can't transfer recordings to the 34, but will be able to play them from the 24 on the 34.

You can turn off remote delete.

·
AllStar
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dpeters11 said:
You have a SWM-8. If you will just have the HR24 ad HR34, they won't do anything with the SWM as you'll be under 8 tuners. You can't transfer recordings to the 34, but will be able to play them from the 24 on the 34.

You can turn off remote delete.
Thanks for the quick info! You put my mind at ease! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.