DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Legend
203 Posts
jeremymc7 said:
I went ahead and ordered one from retail shop for full MSRP of $399. It's unlikely DirecTV will sell for less come Feb (or Mar) since my contract isn't up. Besides when it is up I'll want to swap out all of my HR2x and H2x units for the new RVU boxes whenever DirecTv ships them.

I've already got a SWIM set-up, as well and Whole Home Media and all the other bells and whistles. I should hopefully I should be able to just add the HR34 in the system and disable the extra tuners on the HR units as I'm adding the HR34 as a 4th receiver. Then hopefully DirecTV shouldn't give me any issues activating it as an existing customer.

Fingers Crossed.
How do you "disable the extra tuners on the HR units"? I have a SWM8 and 4 tuners are enough on my HR34.

·
Legend
203 Posts
Go Beavs said:
If you go into the setup menu and rerun the satellite setup, you can select single or dual tuners. I'm not sure how the HR34 works in that regard, but I know you can do it with the HR2x series.
Unfortunately, that option is not available on my HR34. Since I only have a SWM8 for now, had to cut one of my HR20's to a single tuner.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.