DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
This Space for Sale
7,466 Posts
jeremymc7 said:
I should hopefully I should be able to just add the HR34 in the system and disable the extra tuners on the HR units as I'm adding the HR34 as a 4th receiver.
What do you mean by "disable the extra tuners on the HR units"?
From the 2 DVRs and receiver you're showing in your signature line plus the HR34, I count 10 tuners. Do you have a SWiM16 right now or do you plan on deactivating (and returning) at least one of your HR units?

·
This Space for Sale
7,466 Posts
jeremymc7 said:
I've got 5 tuners running now over two HR and one H. The plan was to disable one tuner on each of the existing HR and then insert the HR34 giving 8 tuners.
So by disable, you meant you would go under setup and change your two HRs from dual to single tuners? Interesting idea. Does anyone know if this would work?

·
This Space for Sale
7,466 Posts
trh said:
So by disable, you meant you would go under setup and change your two HRs from dual to single tuners? Interesting idea. Does anyone know if this would work?
Iceman5000 said:
Yes that will work.
Again, interesting idea. I've never read here that could be a solution to going over eight tuners. When I went over eight, DirecTV installed a SWiM16 -- at no charge.

So to the OP ... Now that you have an HR34 on order, you might want to call in and see about upgrading. Seems a waste to have two DVRs with only one operational tuner.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.