DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the HR34 and H24 installed in my house replacing my HR21 and H21...so far I love the new boxes, however I thought one of the functions of using this setup is that you would be able to use the remote box (H24) to watch ON DEMAND, such as channels in the 1000s, through the HR34....I do not see any way to do this...is there a way...isnt this supposed to be one of the features of the HR34? My HR34 is connected via ethernet to my router and I see the ON DEMAND 1000s channels in my HR34 guide. Thanks for any help.

·
1*
10,289 Posts
You need to download/record the show via the HR34 first and then you can watch it on the H24 via MRV.

- Merg

·
Hall Of Fame
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Merg, but I could already do that with my HR21 and H21...I could bring it up on the HR21 and it would go into recordings, then I could watch it on the H21....I thought one of the hooks on this setup is that I could DIRECTLY bring up ON DEMAND from the H24...they really need to add this.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here is the description of the HR34 from solidsignal:

DIRECTV’s all new Home Media Center HD DVR finally eliminates recording conflicts. You can record up to 5 shows at once with one central DVR, and then watch them in any room of your house. Add Picture-in-Picture and a 1TB hard drive and youve got the best DIRECTV offers.

● Now record 5 shows in HD at once, all with one central DVR. No more recording conflicts!
● Record and download DoD programs on every TV Client/HD Receiver
● Watch recorded shows on every TV Client/HD Receiver
● Record and delete shows from every connected TV/HD Receiver
● Stream 3 recordings to secondary rooms

As you can see, the one bullet clearly shows that you should be able to dowloand and record DoD on ANY connected HD receiver. Any thoughts? Maybe their info is wrong?

·
Registered
17,050 Posts
dtrell said:
As you can see, the one bullet clearly shows that you should be able to dowloand and record DoD on ANY connected HD receiver. Any thoughts? Maybe their info is wrong?
Their information is incorrect. It should read "Record and download DoD programs on every RVU TV Client/RVU Receiver"

·
Hall Of Fame
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
RunnerFL said:
Lack of hard drive in the H24 makes that impossible.
OK, but I still dont see why they cant put the functionality to show the 1000 channels if there is a networked DVR...you can initiate a recording from the H24, you should be able to initiate a DoD download onto the HR34 from the H24...its almost exactly the same thing.

·
Registered
17,050 Posts
dtrell said:
OK, but I still dont see why they cant put the functionality to show the 1000 channels if there is a networked DVR...you can initiate a recording from the H24, you should be able to initiate a DoD download onto the HR34 from the H24...its almost exactly the same thing.
Almost, but not quite.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.