DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Icon
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to tell all of my recent HR34 install. Had it done this past Sunday. Install window was 8-12am. Tech called about 9:45am and arrived before 10am. I went over what I was expecting. He had everything necessary to complete the job. We were converting from 4 wire to SWM and converting from Cat5 MRV to SWM MRV. He did all the work including re-align the dish and install new connectors on every cable. He was able to re-use the outside cables so everything looks tidy and I now have an HR34 and an HR21 connected via SWM, both with signal strength in the mid 90s. He was so nice and effecient and extremely knowedgable. A great experience! It was all done in less than 90 minutes. Needless to say I feel very lucky....:icon_da:

· AllStar
82 Posts
bnwrx said:
Wanted to tell all of my recent HR34 install. Had it done this past Sunday. Install window was 8-12am. Tech called about 9:45am and arrived before 10am. I went over what I was expecting. He had everything necessary to complete the job. We were converting from 4 wire to SWM and converting from Cat5 MRV to SWM MRV. He did all the work including re-align the dish and install new connectors on every cable. He was able to re-use the outside cables so everything looks tidy and I now have an HR34 and an HR21 connected via SWM, both with signal strength in the mid 90s. He was so nice and effecient and extremely knowedgable. A great experience! It was all done in less than 90 minutes. Needless to say I feel very lucky....:icon_da:
I'M thinking of upgrading to an HR34 also. I currently have an HR22-100 and an SD receiver in the other room. I don't really need the Whole Home system, but I would if it didn't cost too much. How much did you pay, did you buy it through an outside retailer or through Directv, and did you agree to a two year committment?

· Icon
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
joannel said:
I'M thinking of upgrading to an HR34 also. I currently have an HR22-100 and an SD receiver in the other room. I don't really need the Whole Home system, but I would if it didn't cost too much. How much did you pay, did you buy it through an outside retailer or through Directv, and did you agree to a two year committment?
After some negotiating my only cost is a new 2 year contract. That happens with any new recvr install though. My old HR equipment was over 5 years old, had been replaced a few times for various "failure of hdd" and I was out of contract so maybe that helped me. It did take a few calls to end up with this and i did consider at one point to switch to Dish in order to get new equipment, but in the end I am very satisfied with how it all worked out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.