DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Legend
132 Posts
JohnTSmith said:
You may download the manual for yourself to find out details of all equipment.
But not the answer to the question. E.g. DTV has one manual for most of the HR-2x recorders even though they don't use the same color-space (my HR-24 switched to RGB). This lack of information is not uncommon with devices that don't allow color-space selection but it can be a source of difficulty.

· Super Moderator
13,787 Posts
JohnTSmith said:
You may download the manual for yourself to find out details of all equipment

http://support.directv.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2500
Those manuals have very little about the hardware specs. Specifically you won't find reference to color space being used. The closest reference you'll see is YPbPr as it relates to component inputs. RGB doesn't seem to be mentioned at all.

Mike

· Hall Of Fame
3,756 Posts
RACJ2 said:
Its interesting that the HR34 manual has the new HDGUI, but the HR34 doesn't have it yet. I guess it will be here soon enough and no sense having to create an updated manual later.
Because the HR34 has a different code base than the other receivers, it takes longer to squash the bugs. Didn't make sense to print two differnet manuals for just a few month of distribution. Remember, it has not oficially been released to the general population yet.

· Hall Of Fame
3,914 Posts
azarby said:
Because the HR34 has a different code base than the other receivers, it takes longer to squash the bugs. Didn't make sense to print two differnet manuals for just a few month of distribution. Remember, it has not oficially been released to the general population yet.
I understand, thats kind of what I said. Although it is released to the general public. Just new customers as of today, but tomorrow everyone!

· Mr. FixAnything
28,009 Posts
azarby said:
Do you have first hand knowledge ? Or just spreading FUD ?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.