DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you are watching the HR34 from another room do you experience a slowdown when skipping through commercials like I do when I view from another HR unit in another room?

Been wondering if it's worth the trouble to consolidate the 4 DVR's I have into the HR34 or am I better off as it stands as I wouldn't have every show thats been recorded on just one device.

· DaBears
5,992 Posts
It's going to depend on your setup and preferences. However you have more versatlity with 4 HD DVR's than you do with a HR34 and if something goes wrong you risk less. Trickplay over WHDVR is inherintly slower than locally regardless of receiver type.

· Hall Of Fame
3,263 Posts
satman48 said:
When you are watching the HR34 from another room do you experience a slowdown when skipping through commercials like I do when I view from another HR unit in another room?

Been wondering if it's worth the trouble to consolidate the 4 DVR's I have into the HR34 or am I better off as it stands as I wouldn't have every show thats been recorded on just one device.
Trickplay seems the same for me regardless of which DVR is the client or server. It's all just a little slower over the WH network.

If you're only concerned with trickplay speed from the HR34, then it may not be worth it for you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.