DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Godfather
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if in the future, D* is going to allow the customer to specify purchasing the HR34 through them as a stand alone box to add to Whole Home DVR?

I realize that you will be able to specify the HR34 if you are getting the Media Center, but if you're not getting the MC, is D* going to change its policy of not allowing customers to specify the DVR they wish to purchase, and effectively send them off to an excellent company like Solid Signal?

I'm going to give D* another six months to get the bugs out of the HR34 anyway, but when I do get one, my favorite option would be to replace an existing HD DVR, and dong that with the HR34 would necessitate changing my SWM.

I'm hoping that I would be able to call D* and schedule for a tech to come out and change my SWM and install an HR34, without me having to buy the HR34 from SS, and then scheduling a tech to come out once it has arrived.

Not a big deal really. I'm just curious as to D*s approach to this. :)

·
Godfather
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
AquiringSat said:
Um, I don't know what "bugs" you're referring to. Mine has been running just fine for 2 months. Just waiting for the new guide, but I like this guide too :)
Talk to the D* tech guys in El Segundo. They have a bug list. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.