DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Cool Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to this forum, I now have his & hers RC65RBX radio remotes for my HR34. Weird issue I have now:

With my old remotes my Sharp HDTV would turn off and on when I pressed the DTV&TV POWER button ON. Doing so would leave my R34 powered on all the time, which was fine with me, and I wasn't sliding the switch back and forth all the time. Easy, especially for Mrs. Earguy.

Now with the new remotes, pressing ON does not turn the TV off. Pressing OFF, of course, turns off both the TV and the HR34.

My question: will the HR34 still record my shows with the power off (I understand it's not fully powered down, more like a "standby" mode)?

· Registered
5,952 Posts
Earguy said:
Thanks to this forum, I now have his & hers RC65RBX radio remotes for my HR34. Weird issue I have now:

With my old remotes my Sharp HDTV would turn off and on when I pressed the DTV&TV POWER button ON. Doing so would leave my R34 powered on all the time, which was fine with me, and I wasn't sliding the switch back and forth all the time. Easy, especially for Mrs. Earguy.

Now with the new remotes, pressing ON does not turn the TV off. Pressing OFF, of course, turns off both the TV and the HR34.

My question: will the HR34 still record my shows with the power off (I understand it's not fully powered down, more like a "standby" mode)?
It's not even really in a "full" standby...it is still fully buffering the current channel, recording other programs as scheduled, etc. The only things that are "off" are the front panel lights and the video outputs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.