DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had the HR34 for a couple weeks now. I also have two HR20s and one HR22, but no MRV. Ever since the software download last week, my playlist is deleted on the HR34 whenever I reset. I have to reset because it freezes. Also, there was a brief power outage which also caused it to reset and delete the playlist again. Directv sent a tech out, and he was unaware of such an issue, but when he called in, he was advised that it is a known issue. I'm having to duplicate all of my series record links on the HR20 because the HR34 could dump all of my recorded programs at any time.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there any way to restore video/audio when the HR34 freezes, without resetting?

· Registered
12,607 Posts
This is NOT normal. When the playlist gets "deleted", are those shows truly gone? Does a reset bring them back?

I'm guessing your HR34 has some hard drive issues.

Run the Built in Self-test (BIST) to try and repair your hard drive. To run the hard drive checks, please follow these steps:

* Reboot DVR via red button inside card door.
* When you see "Running receiver self-check" press select
* You will see "Entering Diagnostics Mode..."
* Select Advanced Tests Menu -> Hard Drive utilities -> Short Smart test

You can also run the file test, and the DVR can sometimes repair a bad file report.
* If the other tests pass, run the surface test. Warning: This process could take several hours to complete. You may want to run it overnight.

2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just got off the phone with Directv Case Management. When they ran system test, the diagnostic code indicated that the hard drive is in fact defective. Funny, it did not give that diagnostic code when the tech was here on Saturday. Oh well, they are shipping me a replacement HR34. Thanks for your help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.