DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Cool Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My HR34 recorded Sons of Anarchy, and the recording time on the receiver reads 1hr 13 min, however the episode will not play past 1hr 05 min. I have turned the receiver off and on a few times. It still will not play past 1hr 05 min. It keeps asking if I want to delete this recording. The dvr has recorded about ten shows since Tuesday, and they have all played ok. Also, the receiver is only 1 month old.

·
Premium Member
25,276 Posts
eric032706 said:
My HR34 recorded Sons of Anarchy, and the recording time on the receiver reads 1hr 13 min, however the episode will not play past 1hr 05 min. I have turned the receiver off and on a few times. It still will not play past 1hr 05 min. It keeps asking if I want to delete this recording. The dvr has recorded about ten shows since Tuesday, and they have all played ok. Also, the receiver is only 1 month old.
I don't think it was the receiver. I learned today that my dad had that same issue. He will just download the on demand version in a couple days when its available and watch the last few minutes that way. It appears there was some sort of weird guide data issue or something. You are not alone...

·
Cool Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the responses. I asked a friend of mine that also has Directv and recorded the same episode, and his recorded everything just fine. He does have an HD DVR, but his is not a genie (hr34). He told me how it ended, but now I might download it, just to see it myself.

·
Hall Of Fame
7,058 Posts
My HR22 also stated 1h13m partial recording, but it was the entire episode....every once in awhile you will get a recording that has issues. If you see it happening frequently, then you need to start worrying about it. Sons is on like 5 times day, very easy to pick up the next showing if you ever have an issues with an episode.

·
Cool Member
23 Posts
eric032706 said:
The same exact thing happened to me (HR-34 also). I just set up a manual recording for the repeat of that episode and it (the repeat) recorded and played back just fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.