DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Legend
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have an SL3 swm, 2) HR20-700's and 2) H24-700, I am think about ditching the 2) HR20's and getting an HR34 and another H24, they way I figure it should work but I am using up all 8 inputs, is this correct?

Also any advantage of getting the new equp throught D* or through Solid Signal

I do have the connected home thinghy, I assume this would not be affected

Thanks for your input!

· Registered
6,571 Posts
I would keep the HR20-700's. IIRC, you can set them to single tuner mode, but you still keep the ability to record on it and have trick play functions. And not lose any recordings you may have on them. Price will be the same.

Otherwise, yes, what you are proposing will work.

· Legend
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the replies, I did call D* and they said they would only provide HR34's to existing accounts if you had an RTV (or is it RTU?!) capable TV, Samsung I think. Other than that they said it was not out for general release and the CSR I spoke with said she was just recently trained on it.

· Legend
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
RAD said:
I heard a rumor that February 9th is the date it's supposed to become available to existing customers from DIRECTV.
Thanks RAD, I think I will hold off and see what deal, if any, I could get from D*. Been a subscriber in good standing since mid '90s and have never gotten anything free or at a reduced rate so I just don't expect anything from them now!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.