DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Mentor
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a HR44-700 that has been only pixelating on recordings. It does not happen during live TV or on other DVR's (I have 2 HR24). It does not matter what channel is recorded.

The software that is on the system is 0X11b2 and I have had the HR44 since it came out.

Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone know what is wrong?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
36,632 Posts
I have a HR44-700 that has been only pixelating on recordings. It does not happen during live TV or on other DVR's (I have 2 HR24). It does not matter what channel is recorded.

The software that is on the system is 0X11b2 and I have had the HR44 since it came out.

Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone know what is wrong?

Thanks.
Best guess I can come up with would be the HDD. Simple way to find out if that's the problem would be to put an external drive on your 44. I have the same model 44 and have no pixellation problems. I gather you only see this on recordings made specifically on your 44? You don't see that on recordings made from your 24s?

My 44-700 has an external SSD on it. If I disable that and use the 3TB internal drive I would have the same issues you have now. Even more issues than you have now. You don't need an SSD, a new HDD will produce the same effect...just won't last as long. I think. You would need an external device and a new HDD, doesn't matter what size. Buy them on Amazon and if that doesn't solve your problem you can return them.

Rich

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.