DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
10,120 Posts
View attachment 29138
Hello my current setup is working besides one client and it is connected via the power inserter on signal to ird i would like to know if the one i have in the picture will work before i hook it up
Welcome to the forum.
Nice job illustrating.
Looks good to me.

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
Not to knocking you -Suggest doing away with 4 & 2 way and just get one 8 way (also) put a terminator on the PI (ird) out as well

Or Just take out the 2 way and connect direct to c41 pictured (and lose the 2 way) as long as it works your golden -Do noting and your fine.

Reactions: Rich

·
Super Moderator
12,874 Posts
I normally argue for as small a splitter as you can get away with. I would suggest using the output port of the PI to feed your third C41 and drop the 2-way splitter. Don't change the 4-way out.

However, all of the suggestions will work just fine, and always remember: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I normally argue for as small a splitter as you can get away with. I would suggest using the output port of the PI to feed your third C41 and drop the 2-way splitter. Don't change the 4-way out.

However, all of the suggestions will work just fine, and always remember: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
i beleave the output of the pi is dead i tried to reconnect the client and it would not connect

·
Premium Member
36,632 Posts
It is lit green I finally found the issue the coax pulled out of the f connector enough the center copper was not making a connection
There you go! Usually something simple. PIs don't seem complicated to use, had to be something simple.

Rich

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.