DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
AllStar
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK. This is a weird one. I get my locals from the 72.5 satellite. A few weeks ago, the local DirecTV channels suddenly disappeared from BOTH of my HTL-HD boxes. They still showed up on my R15 and HD Tivo, though. (I also had good signal strength on the 72.5 satellite, according to the signal meters on the HTL-HD).

A tech came over and tried everything to fix the problem -- replaced the multiswitch, called DirecTV to have them hit my boxes again with locals, had D* completely remove everything from my account and rebuild it from scratch, etc. Nothing would work.

Finally, after exhausting all other possibilities, we ripped out the HTL-HDs and replaced them with brand new H20s. Upon activation, the locals showed up immediately on the H20s.

Now, here's the $64,000 question -- could both of my HTL-HDs really have failed simultaneously with the exact same issue, or is it more likely that some change on the D* end introduced an incompatibility with this box?

·
Hall Of Fame
1,605 Posts
My uncle called me last week, his HTL-HD also lost locals of the 72.5 sat.
He said the power went out and and the locals have not worked since, we called Directv and for 1 hour we did resets, reboots, they sent the signal atleast 4 times. Still no 72.5 locals.
2 of our locals come off 101w they showed but the 72.5 locals did show anything, not even a channel banner.
Well finally Directv said we will send you a replacement reciever, they said it will be a H10, well when the replacement came it was a H20, it came with everything,
a remote, RF antenna, component cables, s-video, access card.
All the replacement recievers Ive ever got on had the power cord and remote, no card, or cables.

Also why should one get the protection plan, Directv will replace your recievers even with out the protection plan. That HTL-HD was atleast 3 years old. And when I called Direct last year about a bad HR10-250 they said that they replace them even if its out of warranty.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.