DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Godfather
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have several of the older Hughes E86 STBs in service and really like them. Great guide, great user interface, just an all around great HD receiver with L-I-L and OTA (NTSC and ATSC) capability. All have been fan-modded for reasons you would understand if you owned one. ;)

LOVE THESE THINGS!!! (yes I know eventually will become obsolete)

Anyway, a friend recently gave me another one that has a problem with the low numbered transponders on the 101 sat. For some reason it cannot receive any transponder lower than transponder #6. TP#s 1~4 all have no signal at all (0) and TP #5 reads way low, down in the 30~40 range and is variable (signal level up and down)

From transponder #5 on up it works flawlessly. Flawless OTA, no problems with either the 110 or 119 sat, only problems with the low # TPs on 101. Doesn't matter whether RHCP or LHCP, replace w/known good one and TPs all come in OK. (IOW not a problem w/the dish or multiswitch or cabling)

Does anyone have any idea where to look or what might be causing this? (no fan on this one, but there will be if I can get it working)

Thanks!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.