DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me why my hughes e86 dtv hd receivers will not receive ota hd signals without a dtv subscription? I have had 2 e86's for about 4 yrs. just using for ota hd. finally subscribed to dtv 1 yr ago and also got 2 h20's. finally got fed up with the h20's continual problems and cancelled dtv. now hughes will not receive ota. is there a way around this problem or do i need to call a attorny? thanks in advance for info.:mad:

·
Éminence grise
8,473 Posts
Some of the older (non-Directv brand) receivers will receive OTA without a subscription. You might try unplugging it for a few minutes and restarting it, then going through the setup. I doubt that an attorney could help.

·
Mentor
48 Posts
I have an E86 that's not subscribed and it works fine for OTA digital. NTSC tuner went out though, so no analog OTA - those boxes had tuner problems.

·
Godfather
340 Posts
Lynskyn said:
I have an E86 that's not subscribed and it works fine for OTA digital. NTSC tuner went out though, so no analog OTA - those boxes had tuner problems.
I had an old Hughes E86 that I had no use for so I gave t to a friend. He uses it for OTA and it works fine. He does not subscribe to D* either.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.