DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well not really a nightmare. i do like the reciever and the APG system it has, except if i pull the plug out it seems to loose its memory. also, it seems to loose time although that problem might have gone away, ill keep an eye on it. Hughes continues to claim a software patch is on the way, but cant give a exact time (lol), so i demanded a replacement as it says in the instruction manual if its within 90 days, so they sent me a another new GAEBO. i then set it up and turned it on via directv. only to find that the GAEBO they sent me had NO Advanced Program Guide, only the old style guide (MPG). Hughes claims they had NO GAEBO units with the APG . WTF ???? luckily the credit card number i gave them for the RMA (lol) was maxed out so they couldnt charge me for the unit since they claim i am responsible for the cost of the return shipping on the defective reciever. I told them im gona ship back the same unit i just recieved since it had no APG. WHY are these companys having such a problem with the Advanced Program Guide? look at RCA, the drd 435-485 rg units are slow as hell . as a semi fix to the memory issue when there is a power outage, i picked up at circuit city a surge protector with battery back-up, this will help. www.apc.com

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.