I have the Humax with built in Directtv, I also have a tivo box laying around, how can I hock my tivo box to my Humax? The humax has the built in box, do I need a box to use my tivo? I tried to contact Directtv, but they havnt reply yet.
1) You would have to use the IR blaster method to control the TV.
2) The TV would always have to be on
3) You would then have to hook up the Video OUTPUTs on the Humax TV, to the INPUTS of your SA Tivo
4) Set your SA Tivo to use a DirecTV D10 or D11
5) Then you wold have to hook the outputs of the SA TiVo to one of the inputs of the Humax.
When you want to watch content that was recorded on the TiVo, you would have to change the Input.
You will not be able to use the Live buffer with this confirguration though.
The keys are #1 and #2
So after all that... If you really must use an SA TiVo with this Humax/LC, you may need a 2nd receiver such as the D10 or D11
A forum community dedicated to digital bit streaming enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about programming, content, and reception, home theaters, displays, models, styles, satellites, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!