DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Legend
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems to me like they found more opportunities for improvement with the release of 104; in other words, not as successful as we all thought it was.:nono2: After all, it was a pretty small release in terms of the number of people who actually got it.:(
I am guessing that the next national release will be whatever version number comes after 104. Hopefully soon. :)

·
Hall Of Fame
13,447 Posts
You better hope that 0x104 is the one that gets released nationally. If it's not, they'll be doing another small-scale test before rolling it out to the whole country.

Anyway, 0x104 will be the national release, so your musings are pointless.

·
Legend
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jeremy W said:
You better hope that 0x104 is the one that gets released nationally. If it's not, they'll be doing another small-scale test before rolling it out to the whole country.

Hmmm, why do you say that? :confused: There have been many releases where a small group got the first one and then a day or so later everyone got the next one because of some small change or improvement with the first. And we have been waiting a lot longer than a day.:(

·
Cool Member
24 Posts
Jeremy W said:

I'm not sure I necessarily agree with this. Since they added major new features and supposedly made significant changes to the software engine, it would not suprise me at all if they never intended x104 to go national. It sounds like there were enough new significant bugs that they very well may just roll out another update to either the left coasters or nationally.

Unless you have some inside information into how the DirecTV release process for releases going forward are going to work?

·
Hall Of Fame
13,447 Posts
jbart610 said:
It sounds like there were enough new significant bugs that they very well may just roll out another update to either the left coasters or nationally.
Are you reading a different forum than I am? I am reading DBSTalk, and I have not seen anything that could be considered a "new significant bug" in 0x104.

·
Large Hairless ApeCutting Edge: ECHELON '08
5,222 Posts
Another day in the DBSTalk.com roadtrip with the parents:

"Are we there yet?"
"I dunno. Let me check the tea leaves."
"Ask Earl. Earl'll know."
"I did ask Earl. He said maybe, possibly, could be soonishly soon."
"If we're not there yet, I'm going to be very upset."
"We're almost there--look, we're slowing down!"
"I called to see if we were there and they told me that there isn't there anymore, until next year, and then it might not even be in the same place."
"We'll know when we get there! Let's just wait and see if we get there soon as suggested, okay?"
"Okay."
"Okay!"
"So.... are we there yet?"

·
Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07
2,533 Posts
Capmeister said:
Another day in the DBSTalk.com roadtrip with the parents:

"Are we there yet?"
"I dunno. Let me check the tea leaves."
"Ask Earl. Earl'll know."
"I did ask Earl. He said maybe, possibly, could be soonishly soon."
"If we're not there yet, I'm going to be very upset."
"We're almost there--look, we're slowing down!"
"I called to see if we were there and they told me that there isn't there anymore, until next year, and then it might not even be in the same place."
"We'll know when we get there! Let's just wait and see if we get there soon as suggested, okay?"
"Okay."
"Okay!"
"So.... are we there yet?"
Yea, but the more we're sitting reading here, the more time we are distracted from staring at the SOFTWARE VERSION on our HR20's...

·
Large Hairless ApeCutting Edge: ECHELON '08
5,222 Posts
Coffey77 said:
Yea, but the more we're sitting reading here, the more time we are distracted from staring at the SOFTWARE VERSION on our HR20's...
::waves hand Jedi-like:: These are not the software versions you're looking for.

·
I used to be a rocket scientist
12,182 Posts
Looks like you were wrong.

·
Legend
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
deebeeeff said:
Seems to me like they found more opportunities for improvement with the release of 104; in other words, not as successful as we all thought it was.:nono2: After all, it was a pretty small release in terms of the number of people who actually got it.:(
I am guessing that the next national release will be whatever version number comes after 104. Hopefully soon. :)
LOL I was right. And we didn't even get it here. :(

·
Legend
129 Posts
I guess they save the best for last- EAST:hurah:

00fa in Jacksonville, FL

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
0x108 is the next "release" version.
It was decided to roll out some additional fixes, and the ViiV feature.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.