DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Cool Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello,
Direct tv was out to my house and got me going on saturday. everything went well except getting the boxes to accept signal we found out that they wont work if the phone line dont have the dsl filter on it LOL!!! I helped him as much as I could he had to put it up on the tall roof to get good signal actually he got 100% on one of the transponders he said it was the highest he has ever gotten in the erea. he brought me a new slimline dish, 1 h20-600 and 3 d11-100s
everything is working even caller id I couldnt be happier so far they didnt bring a hdmi for free the installer sells them but I already had one so I didnt fight it to hard. it took him about 31/2 hours to get me going with my help.
Shawn

· Hall Of Fame
4,873 Posts
Welcome to D*!!

I had to supply my own HDMI cable, too.

I also have an H20-600 and, although it runs hot, has not had any problems at all. (I do understand that some have problems with this unit.)

Enjoy!

· Hall Of Fame
1,655 Posts
Glad that the installation went ok, and hope you enjoy!

Welcome to D*!

· Up The Irons!
5,775 Posts
Ahhhhhh the joys of DSL..:D....Yeah unfortunately you need filters on most everything including lines leading to your boxes. Welcome aboard BTW!!!

· Hall Of Fame
6,724 Posts
Not if you are able to have your telco install a voice/data filter where the line comes into the house. Then one line for the DSL modem and the other for the phones.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.