DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I tune to channel 500 and get a picture, every other channel will be blank.(501,503,505....blank screen) If I flip back and forth between channels it can change to 500 is blank and 501,503,505.....works. I have reset and unplugged it many times. :eek2:
It worked fine before the update. I tested all the transponders and I have good signal strength on 101-110 &119.
99 &103 aren't locked in yet but I will fix that today.

·
Hall Of Fame
4,873 Posts
Sounds like only one tuner is working. I'm pretty sure the HR20 switches from one tuner to the other as you change channels.

Check all the signals on each tuner.

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
texasblues said:
I discovered that if I remove one of the satellite feeds it works fine.
When I hook up both feeds I only get every other channel.:nono2:
So it works with either Sat1 or Sat2 connected, or does only Sat1 work when only 1 cable is connected? Is the HR20 power unplugged when you started disconnecting and reconnecting the sat inputs?

·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
PoitNarf said:
So it works with either Sat1 or Sat2 connected, or does only Sat1 work when only 1 cable is connected? Is the HR20 power unplugged when you started disconnecting and reconnecting the sat inputs?
It only works on Sat1.
When I connect only Sat2, I get no picture with the "Searching for Signal on Satellite In 1(771)" banner.
I checked the signal strength with Sat1 connected and on tuner 1 it's in the 90's
and tuner 2 show "Not Acquired".
With only Sat2 connected the signal strength on tuner 2 is in the 90's but on tuner 1 it shows a signal strength in the 50's to 70's.

·
Godfather
395 Posts
texasblues said:
It only works on Sat1.
When I connect only Sat2, I get no picture with the "Searching for Signal on Satellite In 1(771)" banner.
I checked the signal strength with Sat1 connected and on tuner 1 it's in the 90's
and tuner 2 show "Not Acquired".
With only Sat2 connected the signal strength on tuner 2 is in the 90's but on tuner 1 it shows a signal strength in the 50's to 70's.
Your explanation is hard to decipher. Can you Post the results of the following matrix and refer them by scenerio 1 - 6?

X = Connected

1).....................SAT 1........................SAT 2
CABLE 1.............X
CABLE 2

2).....................SAT 1........................SAT 2
CABLE 1...............................................X
CABLE 2

3).....................SAT 1........................SAT 2
CABLE 1
CABLE 2..............X

4).....................SAT 1........................SAT 2
CABLE 1