DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Icon
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I understand PPV movies expiring, but something like trainspotting on Starz? It seems like their shooting themselves in the foot with these kinds of limitations.

ej

· Icon
942 Posts
I believe he's referring to downloading movies on DirecTV on Demand.

ejjames, I hear ya and I don't like it either... but, this is just DirecTV following the guidelines set forth by the MPAA (or someone who makes the rules). DirecTV is being told they can only allow the viewer to keep the movies for a certain amount of time. It may not seem like an issue to you to keep a movie like Trainspotting on your DVR forever, but apparently someone somewhere thinks it is a problem.

The way I understand it, this is the future and all cable / sat companies have to start imposing these limits.

Someone correct me if I am wrong.
Bob

· Hall Of Fame
1,333 Posts
VOD items all have expiration dates. I believe they are not based on when you downloaded them but when they were made available. Each movie/item has a window of availability.

I think your seeing only a 48-hour window is a coincidence. If you downloaded it a day earlier you'd have had a 72-hour window. I think the expiration date for these items is fixed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.