DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· AllStar
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

Well the installer came back today and again left with everything, no new stuff and no HD! We tried to no avail on getting 129. The best we could do was a lousy (11). I told him the first guy got up and said if that tree was gone you can get it. Well the tree, which was coming down anyway, was gone but still no go.
There's another one that we have no control over so it's doubtful I'll ever get 129.

I asked about 61.5 and I got the feeling they (installers) don't talk about it or blow it off. More like push the one dish setup no matter. He glanced over at my neighbors tree and said that's in line with 61.5. He said I could get a second opinion which I wanted so someone is coming out Saturday with some gadget that'll show my line of sight.

Since this was a "free" install due to the HD upgrade with the 811 what can I expect in terms of added costs now that it looks like I'll need to install my current Dish for 61.5 and install another for 110 and 119?

On a side question just how accurate is www.dishpointer.com? The reason why is I did this and I've got a good line from my current Dish to 61.5. The installer said it looked like I would need to move the dish nearly 40 ft to the back for it to clear. It did show blockage where he pointed on 129. Thank

Kenny J

· Hall Of Fame
1,105 Posts
If they cannot get a signal from 129, and need to go to a dual-dish solution to accommodate your programming package (HD), there won't be any additional charge for the second dish.
This, presuming you're going directly through DISH, and not AT&T or a retailer, which can sometimes "make their own rules."

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.