DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Godfather
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on NBC tonight? I know they made one available for the Super Bowl for those of us who don't yet have locals in HD. Probably just wishful thinking on my part but I figured someone around here would know.

· Hall Of Fame
4,481 Posts
schlar01 said:
on NBC tonight? I know they made one available for the Super Bowl for those of us who don't yet have locals in HD. Probably just wishful thinking on my part but I figured someone around here would know.
nope, sorry

· Hall Of Fame
4,873 Posts
generalpatton78 said:
Go buy a antenna and connect it to your HR2x or any D* HD receiver if you can or just to your TV. Go to antennaweb.org for local OTA info.
It's nice that OTA works for you, but many of us are too far away from our "local" towers. Why are so many people so quick with this answer? It would cost me a few hundred dollars to get OTA at my location, and many hours of work running 1500 feet of feedline.

Antennaweb shows I can get PBS with a large antenna and preamp, and nothing else.

· Legend
188 Posts
Bill Broderick said:
Because it's the correct answer for the majority of people who can't get HD locals through DirecTV yet (although as DirecTV continues to expand the markets for which it carries HD locals, that majority gets smaller and smaller).
Actually the correct answer in this case would to be filing for a DNS waiver, if in fact you can't recieve a signal by a reasonable method, call Directv and request a waiver. You may eventually have to have an on site reception test done, but if it fails you must be granted a waiver.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.