DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I turned on my 7200 this afternoon and started getting blinkouts. Went to the PVR menu and all of the timers were gone. I called Dish (as I do everytime this happens) and told them about the problem. The CSR looked back at my records and noticed all of the other issues I've been having over the past couple of weeks. She then gave me a 1 month credit for my basic package. I know it's not a lot, but at least it's something.

I would suggest to everyone reading this that every time your DP screws up, call Dish and tell them about it. Having that information in the their computers might help you get some compensation later on. Possibly on equipment or programming.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My problem is I never call them anymore for my problems with my Dishplayers. I got so agrivated each time i had a problem and they acted like they never heard of a problem with the Dishplayer before.

Scott

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I called Dish a while back and they gave me a $10 credit for my PTV. I call everytime. I think we should all do this until they get tired of us calling and do something about this on going problem.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was told a long time ago by a CSR
trainer to call everytime I had a
problem with my 7200. It paid off
as they gave me 3 mos free Showtime
and I've heqard of several others
getting some kind of credit of
their bills. I recommend calling
them, even tho it's a pita.
Jim

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My wife called last night because of blinkout problems. The only thing they offered her was to send someone to the house for $99 to run a new cable to the Dishplayer.

My wife tore the Dish CSR a new butt and she got mad and threw the Dishplayer across the bedroom.

As I wrote in the General forum, the Dishplayer is working fine today, however I am sure the Dish CSR is having a hard time sitting down.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Scott,

Did your wife talk to a CSR in tech support or just a regular CSR? Every tech support person I have talked to acknowledges the problem and ads my complaint to my file in their computer database.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not sure who she talked to I was trying to pay attention to the Charlie Chat typing the recap live in real time. She was screaming at them I could hear her downstairs.

The folks are Dish probably thought I myself was a hard ass, but that was until they met my wife. :D

Scott

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Scott wrote:
"My wife tore the Dish CSR a new butt and she got mad and threw the Dishplayer across the bedroom"

Ahhh a new fix for the Dp throw it across the room :rollin: well I didn't get the chance to try that one.
Tell your wife I said keep up the good work. Give them "HEdouble hockey sticks"

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Believe it or not, the last 3 times I called E*, the CSR's admitted they have "software issues" and are trying to correct them. One CSR even read from a sheet all of the reported problems we are having. It kinda shocked me, cause in the past they always lied and denied any knowledge of problems with our DP"s. But, their honesty aside, we shouldn't have to call them at all.
I went about 2 wks with no problems, then bam, having trouble with certain channels messaging "lost picture" or "acquiring picture" Oh, well! My own personal opinion, I think we have to wait til they have that new bird operational, then we "may get rid of our problems"........~Jim~

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I had a wierd problem last night.

When I pressed the Record Button my picture and sound went off, but the Record Icon came on the screen, yet nothing else was being shown. Stopping the recording and everything came back. If I tried watching what I recorded it stopped as soon as I tried playing it.

I did 32768 and 7225000 and this did not correct it. My wife decided to call Dish. After talking to the rep from Dish she handed me the phone. Again the rep walked me through the 32768 and 7225000 and still not working correctly. She kept appologizing about the problems and said it was a software issue. She offered to RMA my unit and send me another one for $14.95. I told her that if the problem is a software issue then wouldnt the replacement have the same troubles. She said that I was correct but she was just going on her script.

Then she offered me a 501 as a replacement, for the "Special" price of $199 with a 1 year commitment.

I told her that I did not fall off the turnip truck yesterday and that offer was available to any Dish Network subscriber even if they did not have a Dishplayer and she agreed with me. She suggested calling back again in a few days she told me the more I complaign the better the offer can become.

After she appoligized to me (for over 10 minutes more!) I hung up then I did the 32768 one more time. This time everything was running as it should.

Dish I will take a 501 (Actually 2 501's as I have 2 Dishplayers) But I am not paying $199 for them. The software proplem is YOUR problem not mine. My equipment runs fine, its YOUR software that does not. You can put the blame on Microsoft all you want but I pay you for my service each month, NOT MICROSOFT.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I know what you mean Scott. Every time I call Dish they apologize to me. Over the past two weeks, I have lost timers several times. They are tired of hearing from me but hopefully someday it will get me 501's for a greatly reduced price.

BTW: I figured out that in order to get everything to work again, I have to do a switch test at least 2 times if not more. It seems that getting a clean reload of the guide is the key.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
For sake of the merger, E* needs to get this monkey off their back. Sorry, scott...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
When I called the other night and told them I had a Dishplayer the CSR replied "what do you want to complain about".

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Funny whats your complaint, They claim hey credited me $15 or so, havent got the bill yet.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Back on the 4th, I reported that E* had given me 3 mos. of free Showtime and to keep calling them persistedly. Well, I called them yesterday and today about being powered off while changing channels after doing a 32768. I told them I kept getting "acquiring signal" or "no signal" on certain channels.

They again apoligized and this time gave me 1 free mo. of basic service. Pays to *****, but I'd prefer it work like it should versus the freebies, as I don't look at them so much as being free cause my time and effort should be worth something. The aggravation is the worst part. Lost the 1st 6 rounds of a fight last night before I got the DP to work. ~Jim~

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.