DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Hall Of Fame
5,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a offer to upgrade to choice ultimate and they said after 3mo's you can go back to the choice extra classic. Is that true??

I really don't want just movie channel and encore. But do like NHL network, CBS sports and the other old choice extra channels.

Offered MLB EI and 3mo of starz, HBO, show free.

· Geek til I die
9,822 Posts
If you have classic now, you should have those channels you want. If you dont have classic, you wont get it. As far as going back to classic after trying out Ultimate for 3 months, I would have to get that in writing before doing it. It took an act of retention to get my grandfathered package back after it was mistakenly changed in error. I cant see them voluntarily doing it.

· Godfather
481 Posts
JoeTheDragon said:
I got a offer to upgrade to choice ultimate and they said after 3mo's you can go back to the choice extra classic. Is that true??

I really don't want just movie channel and encore. But do like NHL network, CBS sports and the other old choice extra channels.

Offered MLB EI and 3mo of starz, HBO, show free.
Who gave you the offer? Retention? Or a CSR? And what were you calling about that gave them the reason to give you the offer?

· Registered
180 Posts
cjrleimer said:
Who gave you the offer? Retention? Or a CSR? And what were you calling about that gave them the reason to give you the offer?
Having just gone through an experience with Directv myself, I would say you don't really have an offer until you have it in writing. I had two different CSRs offer me a great deal on the HR34 and they even put it in writing on my account. I asked for 24 hours to think about it. When I called back to accept the offer I was told it couldn't be done. The only thing that saved me was a lot of kicking and screaming and demanding to speak with the retention department who handles closing accounts. I happened by pure luck to get a 24 year old guy who was smart enough to know I had Directv dead to rights by having the offer written into my account by two different CSRs. He went to his boss and told him they might have a legal problem as I had the offer in writing and this could get messy with lawyers and all. So in the end they did honor the offer but I no longer take anything Directv says for granted unless I have it in writing.

· AllStar
88 Posts
I got the same offer a few weeks ago - move from Choice Extra Classic to Choice Ultimate for $6 more per month and get free MLB EI and all the premium movie channels for 3 months. It was an inbound call from a CSR, she even gave me the dates to call in and cancel the movie channels when the 3 months are up and the date I can go and cancel MLB EI if wanted (it will auto-renew for next year if you don't cancel it).

Not a bad deal for the movie channels for 3 months. I don't watch the extra channels included in Choice Extra Classic vs the newer Choice Extra, so that is not a factor for me.

I don't think you will be able to go back to the grandfathered package without a lot of difficulty, so make sure you can go back in writing first if those channels are important to you.

· Hall Of Fame
6,087 Posts
If you take the deal, you can pretty much be assured that you won't be able to return to a grandfathered package after that 3 months. That is exactly the reason they are making the offers.

· Hall Of Fame
6,087 Posts
dpeters11 said:
But they shouldn't say that after 3 months you can go back to Classic.
You are correct, they shouldn't say that since it isn't going to happen. That's a good way to make someone mad. I mean if you take the deal, but don't want to keep Ultimate, you lose channels you had in Classic because the new classic doesn't include them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.