DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· AllStar
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got HR20 over a month ago, I have had 4 visits from DirectTV to mount the dish, within a day or 2 I would lose signal since the dish would move. I finally got feed up and told DirecTV i was done with there installers, and im hiring a professional installer to do the work. They agreed to reimburse me for the install, we will see if they really do it when I send them the bill for 215 dollars.

· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
Be sure to have him/her check all the connection on the wire, to make sure that they are all good and clear.

· AllStar
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, will do. It never seems to be a cable issue. everytime they leave I assume its gonna work, and dont check to make sure the disk is sturdy. The last time it happened I went on the roof, and sure enough a little push made the dish wiggle. When these guys leave I'm not gonna make the same mistake. If its not mounted rock solid, these guys arent leaving.

· AllStar
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We'll this guy came in, he was great, told me the DirectTV installers didn't mount it correctly into the brick, he ended up using the braces, and the thing is rock solid, doesn't move. If you have the same problems as me, go for a professional installer, its worth it.

· AllStar
92 Posts
So Darn true! That's why I've always installed my dishes myself.
I live in Nevada and we have some pretty strong winds here in the spring and fall seasons and I have two dishes mounted on the second floor roof of my home.
They always hold a signal even in 60 mph winds.

· DBSTalk Club Member
584 Posts
jerkieman said:
We'll this guy came in, he was great, told me the DirectTV installers didn't mount it correctly into the brick, he ended up using the braces, and the thing is rock solid, doesn't move. If you have the same problems as me, go for a professional installer, its worth it.
Congrats and it looks like D* took care of you. So far I have found their customer support to be good.

· Banned
1,614 Posts
Reggie3 said:
Congrats and it looks like D* took care of you. So far I have found their customer support to be good.
Hmmmm..... Did you read everything ?:confused:

It looks like DIRECTV didn't take care of him and he had to call out someone on his own to fix the screw ups the installers DIRECTV sent out. DIRECTV said they'll reimburse him for the installer he hired since the people they sent out couldn't do it right. Like he said - We'll see if they really reimburse him. I hope they don't credit his DIRECTV account $5/month till the entire cost if paid back. They should cut him a check for the bill he sends them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.