DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
AllStar
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a old 2700 dishnetwork receiver and the program guide will not do updates from hour to hour it says information unknown or something like that.. The question I have is I got the 5.99 protection deal on my equipment would dish send me out a new receiver since it don't do the updates? My 510 DVR receiver works fine on the update side of things..Thanks for your help...Primey

·
Hall Of Fame
1,057 Posts
Primey, the 2700 has a real small memory chip, way smaller than the 3100s, 4100s, 6000 and not even compariable to the 311, 941 or the VIP recievers. Even your 510 DVR has a hard drive and a nice large memory on it. Anyways, the point is, the 2700 can only hold the current and the next program in the guide information, and it takes a while to update some times. I used to use my 2700 religiously, lately though its been deligated to the treadmill...

You can call Echostar to see what they can do for upgrades and such, but I am pretty sure the 5.99 protection is in case the reciver dies (I dont have it) and since your reciever is working, I dont think it applies...

·
Icon
631 Posts
Another option would be to replace your 510 with a 522 or 625, this box will run two tv sets and as long as you keep it plugged into your phone it should be $5 a month less than you spend now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.