DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

I hooked up my new DP.

2K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  geneb11 
#1 ·
I finally got it. But I already have problems. I already called dish network tech support more then 8 time in past 4 hours. It still dosen't work. It was brand new, and need the software upgrade.
But it has problems upgrading.:( It shows me a screen with "Trouble with the update". Now I'm trying to download MSNTV s/w, maybe this will help. Dish network advanced tech support dosen't know sh*t! But at least they are trying to help.
If you know something about this problem please help me.:confused:

-It's brand new
-the software is the oldest one
-the only options that I have is dish pointing and update(which dosen't work)
-need some help:shrug:

From Admin: While I know exactly how you feel, please try to limit to profanity.

#2 ·
Here you go, make sure the phone line is pluged in.

Power down the Dishplayer, when the lights stop blinking point your remote at the Dishplayer

then press the option button twice, then enter the following number 8675309 If you did it correctly the LEDs on the front of the Dishplayer should blink, if it does not try again.

After the lights blink power up the unit and the Dishplayer will dial in to MSN and download newer software. The total download time is about 45 minutes. After its done your unit may tell you a new version is available and it will download the newest version from the satellite.

That should take care of it for you.

#8 ·
Ahhhh the old Jenny code does it again. I would have to say after the 3am download the getting tv info should stop. If not there's alway's the : checkswitch to get he 5 minute download of 48 hour guide or option 7225000 or option 32768 (32768 deletes favorites) (BTW) Did you happen to ask them about the free PTV? Also if you have a computer on MSN you now can get MSNTV for free by using the MSN one plan($21.95 a month). :wave:

#12 ·
I like webtv it's most convenient. I can use it downstairs in my bar, upstairs in the living room, and in my bedroom. all in the comfort of my la~z~boy recliner, oversized couch, and bed. and all on the tv. works for me.:) As far as popups they only happen once and awhile when there's a problem. not too often.

#13 ·
When i first got my DP the banners affected us all. They would pop up during programs and ads. You could hit options and they would disappear but it was annoying---particualrly if you did not have Web TV.

In the case of Toyota ads they reappeared every few seconds even after you hit options. I wonder if I will ever buy a Toyota.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.