DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Lifetime Achiever
10,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made a call into customer service just a few minutes ago to make a few changes to my programming... I realized halfway through the menus that they were no longer open 24 hours... and was surprised that the automated menus went ahead and connected me to a CSR... After it transferred, I could hear noises in the background... heard a couple buttons push... then the line went dead... :sure: ... I called right back, and the automated menu said "I'm sorry, our offices are currently closed"...

Guess I got a CSR who didn't want one last call for the night... :rolleyes:

· The Shadow Knows!
36,634 Posts
I can't say anything much about that except that when I was working customer service (not for DIRECTV) I did that from time to time.

· Registered
8,035 Posts
AirRocker said:
I made a call into customer service just a few minutes ago to make a few changes to my programming... I realized halfway through the menus that they were no longer open 24 hours... and was surprised that the automated menus went ahead and connected me to a CSR... After it transferred, I could hear noises in the background... heard a couple buttons push... then the line went dead... :sure: ... I called right back, and the automated menu said "I'm sorry, our offices are currently closed"...

Guess I got a CSR who didn't want one last call for the night... :rolleyes:
Maybe the CSR you got is also a ghost in a chat room or two and felt like kicking you in real life as well. :kickbutt: !rolling

· Registered
2,792 Posts
RobertE said:
Maybe the CSR you got is also a ghost in a chat room or two and felt like kicking you in real life as well. :kickbutt: !rolling
Now would that be considered a personal attack which are forbidden in said chats? :lol:

· Mentor
102 Posts
My so called "local channels" are in Salt Lake City, Utah about 225 miles away. Whether I see the "local" ads will not change my buying habits one bit but I think that is supposed to be the reason we are forced to give up the west coast feeds. :mad:

My problem with them is that Fox does not ever broadcast in HD and some of the other stations don't show everything in HD that is available on the west coast feeds. :eek2:

I am sure those idiots in congress don't know or care about the effect of their lawmaking on anyone that lives in flyover country!:mad:

· Cutting Edge: ECHELON '09
2,390 Posts
khark said:
My so called "local channels" are in Salt Lake City, Utah about 225 miles away. Whether I see the "local" ads will not change my buying habits one bit but I think that is supposed to be the reason we are forced to give up the west coast feeds. :mad:

My problem with them is that Fox does not ever broadcast in HD and some of the other stations don't show everything in HD that is available on the west coast feeds. :eek2:

I am sure those idiots in congress don't know or care about the effect of their lawmaking on anyone that lives in flyover country!:mad:
And I am guessing this little post got disconnected from its original thread :confused:

· The Shadow Knows!
36,634 Posts
AirRocker said:
Hmm... you don't strike me as that type... :sure:
Well, I was a lot younger then. It was a different time, a different place, the smell of hair gel was in the air, and shoulder pads roamed free... but I digress.

RobertE said:
No comment ;)

· Registered
2,792 Posts
Stuart Sweet said:
Nope, it was like that everywhere in the 1980s...
Ahh the 80s, times were simplier then werent they? Cable wishes it could go back to the 80s. They were king back then. :lol:

· Banned
4,253 Posts
jodyguercio said:
Ahh the 80s, times were simplier then werent they? Cable wishes it could go back to the 80s. They were king back then. :lol:
You mean their gone............ That explains what happened to my (Long) hair.....

· Icon
818 Posts
I had a car repaired last week. Last Thursday, I got a call from their customer service quality checker at 5:59pm (the day before the 4th of July).

Ring.... ring....

"Hello?"
"I'm sorry, can we call you back later?"
"Who are you?"
"I'm calling from a body shop. Can we call you another time?"

I think she wanted to go home.

· Registered
7,910 Posts
msmith said:
I had a car repaired last week. Last Thursday, I got a call from their customer service quality checker at 5:59pm (the day before the 4th of July).

Ring.... ring....

"Hello?"
"I'm sorry, can we call you back later?"
"Who are you?"
"I'm calling from a body shop. Can we call you another time?"

I think she wanted to go home.
Autodialers + Lazy CSRs = Bad Customer Service.

Ironic that the call was to check on quality. :nono2:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.