DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Godfather/Supporter
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I asked Dish Network about Moxi. They answered my email after few days. :)

Thank you for your email. The Moxi Media Center is a multifunction, IP-capable set-top box that promises to store, stream, and serve up just about every entertainment experience you can think of from a single, in-home server. Acting as the cerebrum of digital content for the home, the Moxi MC will play your DVDs and CDs, act as a cable or DSL router, store your digital music, and function as a PVR, all in one box. Additional features include, the ability to browse web-pages, send instant messages, and provide video-on-demand services.

We appreciate your interest in our future generation products and the Moxi Media Center As development progresses, and actual set-top boxes using this type of new technology become available, specific announcements will be made. We encourage you to stay tuned to future Charlie Chats and Technical Forums broadcast on Channel 101. We have also provided a link to DISH Network press releases below.

http://www.corporate-ir.net/ireye/ir_site.zhtml?ticker=dish&script=400

:) :)

· Banned
6,970 Posts
Again I say Moxi is NOT Dead. I am being told by folks at MOXI that all things are go. MOXI did NOT expect all the press they got over the product.

I think almost every "startup" has money problems in the begining, but Moxi is not just a start up, its a product that has that certain something which people seem to want.

An intergrated home will come, it seems people are just sitting back and waiting for the right product. Moxi just might be it.

My suggestion to MOXI is to add support for X10 home automation products (which is NOT hard to do)

Imagine telling Moxi you want to watch a Movie in your main viewing area. Moxi can ask you if you would like to view the movie in "theater mode" you answer yes and soon the lights dim automaticly, the sound comes up and the show starts. After the movie MOXI could bring the lights back up.

The possibilities are endless.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.