DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Legend
Joined
·
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an HR20 with an exrernal hard drive. Overnight I got a program upgrade but all my movies that were saved by the "keep" key went away. These were movies I had recorded on free view weekends as I don't have premium service. Did anyone else have this happen?:mad:
 

· Legend
Joined
·
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Doug Brott said:
What do you mean by "program upgrade?"
I thought a new program version had been sent out because when I turned the HR20 on, it said new features had been added and listted them as new record options and faster navigation. Sorry but that is all I can remember. I just checked however and no new upgrade was sent. I really am puzzeled now.
 

· Legend
Joined
·
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BlueSnake said:
Are you still on the external drive or maybe it has reverted to the internal drive? That's what it sounds like to me.

Maybe a short power outage?
You are sooooo smart! That is what had happened. I removed the external hard drive power for 30 seconds then let it reboot with the DVR off. I then did the red button reboot and everthing went back to the way it should be. Thanks for the help BlueSnake.
 

· You make it, We break it
Joined
·
4,480 Posts
Glad it worked out for you. Just a note for future reference, it's always better to do a Menu Reset over a red button reset unless the DVR is totally locked up. ;)

You can Menu Reset under "System Setup" on your DVR.
 

· Godfather
Joined
·
325 Posts
Papa J said:
You are sooooo smart! That is what had happened. I removed the external hard drive power for 30 seconds then let it reboot with the DVR off. I then did the red button reboot and everthing went back to the way it should be. Thanks for the help BlueSnake.
Lucky guess. Actually I've had this happen to me before so it sounded familiar.
 

· Lifetime Achiever
Joined
·
28,927 Posts
Papa J said:
I thought a new program version had been sent out because when I turned the HR20 on, it said new features had been added and listted them as new record options and faster navigation. Sorry but that is all I can remember. I just checked however and no new upgrade was sent. I really am puzzeled now.
well, it's been a couple of months now since the last software release, so I know that that wasn't the case. Does seem you have solved your problem now which is a good thing.
 

· Legend
Joined
·
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Doug Brott said:
well, it's been a couple of months now since the last software release, so I know that that wasn't the case. Does seem you have solved your problem now which is a good thing.
Yes that is a good thing. Thanks to all of you for your input. This is a great site.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top