DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Legend
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Things seemed a little better on the second day of ownership, until... here it is again, screen frozen, audio still playing, all in the middle of recording a show on HDnet! So, reboot, wait for it to come back on, looks good, try to bring up the guide, list, change channel, nothing, but audio/video ok! Guess what, it's rebooting again as I'm typing this post! :mad:

All this after I removed the BBC and switched to components! Is this a defective unit or something I have to live with???

Also, do I have to wait 24 hrs for the guide to populate every time I reboot? I thought for sure I'll have 2 weeks worth today, but all I got was a day or 2! Can't setup any season pass to test this stupid thing! Did I lose the guide cuz I unplugged the power when I was disconnecting cables?

Sorry, just had to vent!

· Banned
1,199 Posts
bluesjam said:
Things seemed a little better on the second day of ownership, until... here it is again, screen frozen, audio still playing, all in the middle of recording a show on HDnet! So, reboot, wait for it to come back on, looks good, try to bring up the guide, list, change channel, nothing, but audio/video ok! Guess what, it's rebooting again as I'm typing this post! :mad:

All this after I removed the BBC and switched to components! Is this a defective unit or something I have to live with???

Also, do I have to wait 24 hrs for the guide to populate every time I reboot? I thought for sure I'll have 2 weeks worth today, but all I got was a day or 2! Can't setup any season pass to test this stupid thing! Did I lose the guide cuz I unplugged the power when I was disconnecting cables?

Sorry, just had to vent!
Vent away. There has been a lot of venting on this forum, and 95 percent justified. At best, the release of the HR20 has been marred by inconsistent, annoying reliability - and so far, no one has been able to say why (hardware, software, connectivitiy issues, etc.). There are those who have had zero problems, and those who have had 2-3 HR20s and still have issues. Not sure of the percentages of good v. bad experience. Some say it's small and defend D*, but the ones who have suffered could care less...they just want their machines to work as advertised. I fell into the latter camp and still do, even though my dumb machine seems to be working this week. Very frustrating.

· Legend
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After 3 more lockups and reboots this morning I decided to call support one more time. Got transferred to Advcance support, was told it's not normal for it to do that and I had the option to reformat or get a replacement. Not wanting to wait for a replacement I went with the reformat. So far so good, no freezing or any audio issues! We'll see how long that lasts!

I asked the tech how long I need to wait for the guide and she said it should be there within an hour, it's been almost 2 hours and all I have is about 2 days worth! Will check tomorrow, hopefully it would've downloaded 2 weeks of info by then.

· Premium Member
2,324 Posts
bluesjam said:
I asked the tech how long I need to wait for the guide and she said it should be there within an hour, it's been almost 2 hours and all I have is about 2 days worth! Will check tomorrow, hopefully it would've downloaded 2 weeks of info by then.
24-48 hrs. for an almost complete repopulating of the guide and then, you still may see empty info.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.