DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Legend
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
satellite and cable video/audio. I now have an HR20-100, and it has been great. But I am tired of not being able to get my locals in HD. So I am breaking down and adding Comcast for my HD locals (I will also get CSS...a regional sport station available only on Comcast.) My problem is I run all my audio thru my receiver--no problems with additional outputs there. But my video is thru my projector, and between the DTV, DVD, and my computer, I am out of inputs. Now, I probably use my DVD the least, so I was thinking I could combine it's output with my computer as 1 of the inputs, and keep the other two for the two DVR's (DTV and Comcast). Setting up a program to switch things should not be hard since I have a harmony 880 remote. But what kind of "switch" do I use to alternate from 1 video input to another? Does this make any sense? Thanks in advance for your help, as I am in NO way an expert, but I can follow instructions pretty well, lol.

· Godfather
353 Posts
Obviously, you need a switch. The question is: what kind of interface are you trying to switch? It could be HDMI, component, s-video or composite. Which is it?

Do a google search, for example: "Component Video Switch" and you should get a number of results.

· Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07
9,882 Posts
Or an A/V receiver that accepts video input. My HDTV for example has only 2 component inputs. I have way more devices then that with component. So my Yamaha receiver will take 4 or 5 (I forget) component inputs along with digital optical and so forth for audio. And then it has 1 component output which goes to one of the inputs on the TV. Advantage over a switch is that the one A/V receiver controls both audio and video.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.