DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Arcane Movie Trivia King
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...but i'm really too much of a computer illiterate to know how...

any ideas????

· Arcane Movie Trivia King
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
geez-i can take it to the computer doc and have him do it for $45....

i use windows 98

· Hall Of Fame
2,014 Posts
If you just want to blow everything away, boot to a dos disk that has fdisk on it, and remove all the partitions. When you restart, the drive will be completely empty.

· Hall Of Fame
13,245 Posts
jrjcd, the question that hasn't really been answered is, do you want to reformat your hd without partitions and start over, or do you want to take the partitions off an active disk and still have all the programs? If its the former, fdisk will do the job for you. If you want to keep everything the way it is, but without partitions, then having someone else do it or using Partition Magic are your options.

· Hall Of Fame/Supporter
1,068 Posts
The bigger question is why you need to remove the partition? Once you do it, do you want to make one big one? How many do you have right now? What OS are you using? How old is your PC?

The "why" bit matters because you may not need to remove the partition if you're just trying to zonk data.

If you want to remove it to free up space, that's not a great reason either.

If you're trying to make one big partition, you may be limited by both your BIOS and your OS, so that information is critical.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.