DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· Mentor
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I first got Directv I immediately set up my Harmony One remote and off I went, well today I accidentally pressed the up arrow key and up popped " the 9 channel quick guide", I never knew this thing existed, I put all my news channels in there, cnsbc/fox news/twc/ect..., so no matter what I am watching I can easily get to one of my news channels, the quick guide is cool.

· Hall Of Fame
1,348 Posts
The "funny" thing is that this feature existed on the very early Hughes brand boxes fifteen years ago and was called Turbo Tune. I still have one in service in my office.

I agree it's kind of a neat feature.

What once was old is new again.

· Icon
1,083 Posts
It definitely comes in handy for me with the obscure channels that I can never remember the channel numbers for (cloo, IONe, etc)

· AllStar
232 Posts
My wife was just complaining that our new receivers only had nine slots for quick tune, our old Hughes had three separate turbo tune lists. I use my quick tune for almost all my channel jumping, that way I don't have to remember all the channel numbers.

· Dry as a bone
12,321 Posts
25 available channels would do me no good if I didn't know what was on them at the time.

I rarely use the Quick Tune as it is except for special events, since I very rarely tune to a specific channel unless I know what's playing.

· Godfather
470 Posts
spartanstew said:
25 available channels would do me no good if I didn't know what was on them at the time.

I rarely use the Quick Tune as it is except for special events, since I very rarely tune to a specific channel unless I know what's playing.
Same here, I just don't have any use for it.

· Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.
15,115 Posts
spartanstew said:

+1.

Nine is a nice number, not too small, not too big. Symmetrical, too.

· Impossible Dreamer
5,525 Posts
studechip said:
I'm well aware it's not about the guide, it's about the quick tune, which only has 9 channels in it. I said I liked the one in my old Sony that had 25.
And others feel that's too many. I agree. I would use a custom guide for that many, so I could see what was on those 25 (or more) favorite channels yet still tune to one of them quickly.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.