DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
90 Posts
Yep, their days are numbered maybe even with the NFL if their horrid customer service and arrogance continues. Hell, I can get that arrogance right eher in Memphis but at least I can drive right down the block and talk to somebody at Comcast if I get desperate enough. And sending trolls out on message boards that are obvious employees to mock complaining customers is a poor business decision that will not benefit them in the long run IMHO.

·
Banned
261 Posts
geaux1 said:
Yep, their days are numbered maybe even with the NFL if their horrid customer service and arrogance continues. Hell, I can get that arrogance right eher in Memphis but at least I can drive right down the block and talk to somebody at Comcast if I get desperate enough. And sending trolls out on message boards that are obvious employees to mock complaining customers is a poor business decision that will not benefit them in the long run IMHO.
Is the tin foil hat comfortable?

·
Icon
685 Posts
I have D* & E*. HD dvr with both. Mainly sports viewer. No live viewing. I prefer the VIP622 over the HR20 mainly because D* has abandoned the commercial skip button. I don't want to have to hit fast forward 3 times and time it just right to resume play. Even worse is the 30 second slip at about 6x! E* has intermittent audio breakup during playback. At least it has raveHD and 14 other weak content voom channels. I'm getting Sunday Ticket/Superfan next year for sure but very expensive(+-$350?). I need 3 HR20's to make it worthwhile. On back-order.

Time Warner cable here. Less HD channels. Verizon FIOS coming soon. Same limited channel lineup as cable but supposedly better quality video (no more HD-Lite?). Tough choices. Very frustrating that DBS has scarse RSN in HD. Not for another year? Bummer. Fox Sports West finally shows a USC game in HD last week and screen goes blank after 3 hours. Missed almost all of fourth quarter unless I record SD feed also. D* says check program guide often to find limited HD sports on CH. 95. If they didn't have a monopoly on the NFL I would bail. Am I the only one sick and tired of watching the OAKLAND Raiders in Los Angeles all the time (like next sunday)? And CBS only has 3 HD games every week!

·
Godfather
306 Posts
Very interesting article, I can't say that I disagree.

As it has taken a long time for most cable companies to start offering digital choices, much less HD, D* and E* have flourished because, hey, it's been easier to just put up the dish and get all the normal channels, HD, and more.

The last two places I have lived, cable, analog or digital have been terrible; few choice, no HD, the worst. If they offer what D* does, then I wouldn't have bothered sticking a dish out in my front yard.

I also can't see D* expanding much more than it has, and am certain that NFL ST is the draw. Once they lose that, I'd be gone to. However, if they really do offer a couple hundred HD channels next year, they will at least be stable for a few more years (considering all of the new 2 year commitments they will get for new equipment offers).

The fact he couldn't get credit for suspending his service or hook up his own DVD player is on him though. I just want the installer to run the cable through and get me a signal and service. I can hook up the rest.

What will this guy do if his DVD player breaks or he upgrades to HD-DVD? Ask D* to come plug his new DVD player in?

·
Godfather
307 Posts
I totally agree with the article. They have me "by the clicker" as well. I love watching football and the NFL Sunday Ticket is the reason why I am with D*.

D*'s contracted installers, are, for the most part, idiots. Over the past three years, I've had the single LNB, triple LNB and then AT9/5LNB installed, along with various receivers. Other than the AT9, which was installed by myself and a tech friend of mine, all my installs have had "issues", which are far too numerous to mention.

If the NFL Sunday Ticket moved, I'd move. Until then, I stay and don't complain as I don't expect knowledgeable CSR's or installers. If it weren't for forums like this and the other sat boards out there, I would've quit D* long ago. Its only places like this where you can get enough information to weed out the crap D* feeds us. I feel sorrry for people that don't take advantage of these forums, they just accept the ramblings of unintelligent installers and CSR's and just assume that their equipment or service won't perform as promised.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,102 Posts
geaux1 said:
lol.... What is your Dish Netowrk employee ID#?

·
7 Posts
one bad installation company ( or better one bad installer) and everyone should sell their stock in directv

because the company is a bad buy and will fail *doctor evil laught*

this guys tin foil hat is on to tight

·
Legend
184 Posts
Blitz68 said:
lol.... What is your Dish Netowrk employee ID#?
Now that's funny! I thought the same thing when I read his article. I only read down to where he started to complain about his third moving experience and stopped. He had a bad experience with an installer and figured he was so important (NOT) that he would write something bad about D* and folks would take it as gospel. He at least should have done some homework to get his facts right!

·
Icon
545 Posts
lunatweeker said:
one bad installation company ( or better one bad installer) and everyone should sell their stock in directv

because the company is a bad buy and will fail *doctor evil laught*

this guys tin foil hat is on to tight
Problem is, that install is more typical than a "good" install!
D* installers are only worth what D* pays them!
The article is correct, D* is more and more a cable company every day, but still way better than Comcrap!

·
Banned
378 Posts
hmmmmm

So are you guys saying (and the article) that the Install Network IS:

A Probable Nightmare

OR

A simple JOKE?

he he...:grin: Which One?

From where i sit i dont see a choice for "c". I only see choices (above) "a" and B".

Kinda limited in the Multiple choice HUH?:lol:

·
Hall Of Fame
4,873 Posts
My original install and upgrades were all smooth.

4 DVRS with one HD. Phone lines to all. 5LNB dish on pole mount, buried RG6. All free.

Great installers.

·
AllStar
75 Posts
I've had nothing but trouble from my first install to the subsequent service calls and upgrade installations.

5 different techs and only one has been semi competent. D* really needs to improve the quality of their installers. If that means they stop with the outsourcing and create an internal service division, then that is what they have to do.

Think about it, if the installs were done properly the first time, their service levels would increase exponentially. CSR's would have to take less calls so D* wouldn't need as many and they could only keep the pick of the litter. Techs would be more readily available for new installs and upgrades because they wouldn't have to waste as much time fixing poor installations. The turnover would be lower for both Techs and CSR's because they would be dealing with a more agreeable customer base...

·
Banned
378 Posts
paulman182 said:
My original install and upgrades were all smooth.

4 DVRS with one HD. Phone lines to all. 5LNB dish on pole mount, buried RG6. All free.

Great installers.
I see you always post this after i speak "my truth". Well, .. you need to find some wood and knock gently is all i can say.. Why? My friend You ARE the Minority and unfortunately your story is one rare myth to the general public who experiences this mess.

Sorry this IS NOT an opinion But a fact. & i just dont talk about it i Also SEE it.
I could print here very single week as a fact the disgrace of this mess. Last week alone was a simple joke of a reflection as a fact that would go for pages in this forum. I also am Very close to a large portion of the Sat industry in general. What i see is a drop in the bucket too from my weekly correspondence and our reflections. There are Cx names and Job numbers as proof Not Just a keyboard and some "loud mouth".(me;) )

IF you had a good experience w/ D* installations in the last 2 yrs.. well.. like i said find some wood and Knock gently 'cause Your One Lucky individual if those Hsp's or MSp's showed up.

Oh and Paulman you are in Bluegrass territory right? Wanna see some Federal Court documents concerning that entity and what they are about? Do You watch the Soprano's? Do you Like Wallmart? How Bout 3rd world labor and blatant and purposed disregard for federal labor law as a whole and the base of what this country is built on as far as blue collar labor. BG has NLRB cases that stretch from here to the gulf. They did Not follow the first injunction Either years ago and had to go back to Federal court for violating the injuction concerning labor rights Again in repeated fashion. They also threatened witnesses in open court and their henchman was carry out of the court room.

SO I wouldnt glorify that type of behavior in this country little lone in this trade or this "tv watcher" forum either for that matter.

Like i say time and time again, this forum has No clue of what is the TRUTH and the real story "out here".

BUT, i can guarantee any person with morals and a non secular ounce of spiritual blood in their blood stream would NOT support one ounce of it if they knew the SEED and underlying FULL truth to this mess. & Ill lay the house on that!.

·
Godfather
260 Posts
Out of the 8 years that I have had service I have called D* probably 6 times until I called retention to upgrade to HD a couple of months ago. My last call went well and no problems.

My D* works so much better than the Multimedia Cablevision that I had which would go out everytime the wind blew. I would not go back to cable if had a choice, I didn't change to Time Warner when I upgraded to HD, so I guess I did my a choice to stay with D* when I didn't have to.

·
Banned
614 Posts
bluedogok said:
Out of the 8 years that I have had service I have called D* probably 6 times until I called retention to upgrade to HD a couple of months ago. My last call went well and no problems.

My D* works so much better than the Multimedia Cablevision that I had which would go out everytime the wind blew. I would not go back to cable if had a choice, I didn't change to Time Warner when I upgraded to HD, so I guess I did my a choice to stay with D* when I didn't have to.
It's very cost effective... and no equipment to buy... just a thought to consider...:sure:
To add to the savings great bundles... faster internet then cable tv with the fiber optic network.

·
Banned
11,498 Posts
Time Warner cable here. Less HD channels. Verizon FIOS coming soon. Same limited channel lineup as cable but supposedly better quality video (no more HD-Lite?).
Cable and FTTH don't do HD Lite (all HD channels are in full 1280 × 720p or 1920 x 1080i) that's only for satellite, well, DirecTV specifically.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.