DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Godfather
306 Posts
Very interesting article, I can't say that I disagree.

As it has taken a long time for most cable companies to start offering digital choices, much less HD, D* and E* have flourished because, hey, it's been easier to just put up the dish and get all the normal channels, HD, and more.

The last two places I have lived, cable, analog or digital have been terrible; few choice, no HD, the worst. If they offer what D* does, then I wouldn't have bothered sticking a dish out in my front yard.

I also can't see D* expanding much more than it has, and am certain that NFL ST is the draw. Once they lose that, I'd be gone to. However, if they really do offer a couple hundred HD channels next year, they will at least be stable for a few more years (considering all of the new 2 year commitments they will get for new equipment offers).

The fact he couldn't get credit for suspending his service or hook up his own DVD player is on him though. I just want the installer to run the cable through and get me a signal and service. I can hook up the rest.

What will this guy do if his DVD player breaks or he upgrades to HD-DVD? Ask D* to come plug his new DVD player in?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.