DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Legend
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered an HR20 to replace my R10 in my bedroom mainly for the ability to record in hd. After reading about some of the bugs and the fact that people are having missed or partial recordings, I'm really starting to think I might have made the wrong decision. How reliable is the HR20 and what can I expect as far as missed or partial recordings go? I'd really like to give the HR20 a shot, but not if it means missing recordings.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,528 Posts
First I received an automated phone call that my HR20 was ready and I had two weeks to call. Now DirecTV has sales reps calling me leaving messages that its ready.

I dont want it. I cant see me shelling out a couple hundred bucks to have the same problems and frustrations as the R-15. I would also have to deal with an installer putting up a new dish, multiswitch and running more cables. Not at this point in time.

When I actually SEE IN REALITY all the supe hyped 150+ HD channels coming in mid 2007 (yeah right) THEN I will take the plunge.

When they pass the 100 HD channel point, I will upgrade. I really dont think I am going to hold my breath on this one.

·
Godfather
260 Posts
Mine cost me the $19.99 shipping and I have only had to reset it once in the 6 weeks that I have had it. It has never failed to record a program that I have told it to. I have been happy with it.

As with most things, those with problems gripe louder and longer than those who are happy with any product.

·
Banned
4,642 Posts
bluedogok said:
As with most things, those with problems gripe louder and longer than those who are happy with any product.
If you're happy, why would you be griping at all?

·
3 Posts
I've had an HR20 for about ten days, was working fine til yesterday. So far it's missed three shows, the list says it's there, the yellow light was on, but try to watch it and get a blank screen. Called advanced tech support - he promised a software update sometime this month. Had a similar problem with an HR10 missing a recording - they told me an HR20 would correct the problem - yeah, right.

·
Banned
1,199 Posts
Wolffpack said:
If you're happy, why would you be griping at all?
Logic escapes him.

·
Godfather
260 Posts
I am happy with mine, if you could read a post you would have seen that fact.
You tools are the ones always griping about the box and gripe about those who haven't had problems. My logical conclusion was that if people are happy with the product, they are less likely to say they are as opposed to those who are unhappy and who will tell anyone who will listen that they are unhappy. If you put down the drink you may be able to figure out something logical.

How come it is always the same people who constantly have problems with the HR20, that says more to me about the person than the product.

·
Banned
4,642 Posts
bluedogok said:
How come it is always the same people who constantly have problems with the HR20, that says more to me about the person than the product.
If you read through this thread you will see it's not always the "same people who constantly have problems with the HR20". For some, their problems just started.

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
Bobman said:
When they pass the 100 HD channel point, I will upgrade. I really dont think I am going to hold my breath on this one.
You might be waiting awhile. Outside of locals, there aren't even close to 100 HD national HD channels, which I'm assuming you are referring to. It probably won't even be the HR20 by then either.

·
Banned
1,199 Posts
bluedogok said:
I am happy with mine, if you could read a post you would have seen that fact.
You tools are the ones always griping about the box and gripe about those who haven't had problems. My logical conclusion was that if people are happy with the product, they are less likely to say they are as opposed to those who are unhappy and who will tell anyone who will listen that they are unhappy. If you put down the drink you may be able to figure out something logical.

Tools? I'm happy with the product (when it's working, as it is right now). But I still find posts like yours idiotic. As Wolffpack pointed out, there is a whole new group of people complaining about missed /unwatchable recordings on the threads relating to the latest software download. You are flat-out wrong on this point. It is not the same people complaining over and over. There are many of the same people contributing data points about their specific issues/problems, which is why you must be confused. Go enjoy your HR20. No one is griping about you not having problems.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.