DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

I should have build a Linux DVR instead

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  mtchamp 
#1 ·
I had my R-15 300 for a few months with no problems and then all of a sudden it started failing. I called tech support and they sent out a replacement. I got the R-15 100, set it up, and hoped for the best. Not even an hour into watching TV, it rebooted itself. I figured it got a software download or something and went on watching TV. About 20 minutes later, I wanted to record the show I was watching and hit the record button and walked away to the kitchen where I heard the TV turn off and realized it rebooted again. End result of all this, I called tech support again and this time I was offered a TIVO instead. While very tempting I don’t think I can train my wife on a new piece of equipment so soon. It's so mentally exhausting. (This button. No this one. The other one. *&(*#(# not the power button...AHHHHHHHH) One more R15 is on it's way but I don't expect anything to be improved. TS swears that they only have a few problems but nothing that i'm am seeing so it must be the unit's problem. When I dropped off the old R15 at Fedex, they told me they have recieved 15 or so of them in the last week. I wasnt suprised.
I don’t want free crap from them (showtime and stars is all they have offered so far). I just want good service and a DVR. So far I am only getting half that. Maybe I will just start sending them half the payment and the other half will be a bad check that I can replace a few times with other bad checks and let them call me over and over and explain that I've had no other complaints about my checks so it must be a fluke. I will get another check out to ya soon. Bahhhh. This is going to be a long 2 years. I will persue canceling after the next one fails. :mad:

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.