DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Difficulty Concen........
Directv, 5 LNB Slimline Dish, HR34-700, HR44-500, C31-700, C41-700, 2 DIRECTV SWM16, 2 Zinwell WB68
7,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was moving cables and stupidly forgot to unplug my power inverter. When I was connecting the cables I taped the conductor on the shield and it arced. Not I have 775 on all the boxes. I tried a different PI with no luck. Any advice before I pop the attic and start swapping my SWM5 for the 16?

Directv, 5 LNB Slimline Dish, HR34-700, HR44-500, C31-700, C41-700, 2 DIRECTV SWM16, 2 Zinwell WB68
7,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
RunnerFL said:
I've done that before and it didn't mess up my SWM16. Did you completely power down the SWM16 and let it sit for a bit before trying to power it back up?
Crisis is over. Whew!!

When you are in a panic moving cables, and you arc one, make sure it is not flopped with another.

I got in the attic and realized I had them backwards.

Mods can close this embarrassing thread at any time

7,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
RunnerFL said:
Great news! I know how much of an issue it was for you when you got it, I'd hate to know you blew out the SWM16.
Damn thing has become as important as the dish itself. I think I am going to keep my eye out for a second one for back-up. That thing can shut down the house if it goes bad.
Pretty scary thinking I would be waiting for a UPS truck to get things back up and running.

Thanks for the help.

· Lifetime Achiever
21,244 Posts
I was going to post that to completely reset the SWiM/DECA networks I typically have to turn off everything that connects to the coax: SWiM, every receiver, and every DECA device. Wait ten minutes (usually takes me that long to run around the house anyway), then power up SWiM, DECA, then receivers. Usually works.

Cheers,
Tom

· Registered
31,115 Posts
armophob said:
Crisis is over. Whew!!

When you are in a panic moving cables, and you arc one, make sure it is not flopped with another.

I got in the attic and realized I had them backwards.

Mods can close this embarrassing thread at any time
I guess the lesson learned...

Where there's SMOKE, there's armophob... :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.