DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Godfather
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Directv box in my bedroom is all messed up. I can't get an channel to come on. It just has one of those messages at the bottom of the screen "call ext. *** (forgot the number)". I checked the signal, coming in good. Checked the card it's in the box. I then checked my living room box. It's working fine.

I called directv and after being on hold for 12 minutes I gave up being so late at night. I bought an extra warranty at Best Buy last year when I got the box, so if somethings wrong with the box itself I can get a new one.

Does anyone have any idea's on what it might be wrong?

· Hall Of Fame
1,849 Posts
What type of receiver do you have? Have you tried unplugging it for a few minutes and plugging it back in? That seems to clear up many of these kind of problems.

· God Bless America!
2,534 Posts
Threaten to cancel, you'll get to seak with somebody in customer retention. They may give you a new card. Sure, some people think this is wrong. But it isn't. What's wrong is charging you for a card they destroyed. I know dish charges about $15 "shipping" on a "free replacement"

· Banned
11,498 Posts
I agree with Mark, call D* up and threaten to go to E* or cable. They zapped it, you didnt.

· Banned
11,498 Posts
Not at all :) Thats great! Did they replace it with the same model or a better one?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.