DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Legend
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I signed up for Direct TV CHOICE XTRA / PLUS DVR / PLUS HD DVR.

Although it took two times to get it done (The first rep said I cannot combine the AAA discount with the $18 online discount for 12 months, the second rep said it was no problem but wasn't that nice) I finally think I am good to go!

The second rep promised the following but I have yet to see anything in writing about specific credits.

He promised I would get
-free installation
-$5 credit for 4 months for shipping charges.
-AAA credit of $10 for 24 months.
-$18 credit for 12 months.
6 free months of showtime.
$50 referral dicount.
$99 HD DVR.
$20 Go Green credit

Here is what I received for an email. I have yet to see any of the credits he promised me.

CashBack_DummyName_30614 1 Free
6 Months Free Showtime 1 Free
PLUS HD DVR P000006364000000001 1 Free
Standard Professional Install 1 Free
DIRECTV 5-LNB Multi-Satellite Dish 1 Free
DIRECTV HD DVR (Expanded HD Prog. Capable) 1 Free
DIRECTV DVR 1 Free
B6291/020 1 Free
DVR Service 1 Free
Handling 1 $19.95

I don't see a $99 charge for the DVR, and I don't see any of the credits. Should I be concerned?

· Hall Of Fame
5,000 Posts
Not yet. Mine looked pretty crazy as well. Besides the referral wont show on the first bill at least thats what I was told. Mine did not show up on the 2nd one either. I had to call back. They showed the information on my account but it had never been put into the system. The real test is the day you are activated and then your first bill. Check your information online and often to make sure it is all there and correct once activated.

· Legend
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
joshjr said:
Not yet. Mine looked pretty crazy as well. Besides the referral wont show on the first bill at least thats what I was told. Mine did not show up on the 2nd one either. I had to call back. They showed the information on my account but it had never been put into the system. The real test is the day you are activated and then your first bill. Check your information online and often to make sure it is all there and correct once activated.
I did see this info on my first email. It is very general though.

PLUS HD DVR™

Leasing Fee

DVR Service

CashBack

6 Months Free of Showtime

Is this a good sign that my credits will be coming?

1 Posts
New to the forum. I'm going to order Directv and use the AAA discount. But could I also combine the referral program to get the $50 off for me and someone else? If I could use the referral program I just need someone to refer me. Someone help me out?

· Hall Of Fame
1,758 Posts
oguevarra said:
New to the forum. I'm going to order Directv and use the AAA discount. But could I also combine the referral program to get the $50 off for me and someone else? If I could use the referral program I just need someone to refer me. Someone help me out?
I'd, of course, be happy to help. See my PM with all the info you need.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.