DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Legend
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since skyangel went to iptv and off dish network i was thinking we would see some new christian channels...
But i havnt yet.
would really like to see God Tv. or Cornerstone or a christian music video channel...
has anyone heard anything....
krazy

· Hall Of Fame
2,497 Posts
If you want a lot of religious channels you should consider getting a FTA system. There are dozens of free religious channels available and the only cost is for the hardware (dish and receiver). There are no monthly or other fees.

· Legend
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bill R said:
If you want a lot of religious channels you should consider getting a FTA system. There are dozens of free religious channels available and the only cost is for the hardware (dish and receiver). There are no monthly or other fees.
Hey ,,,,Hope your having a good July 4 holiday....

i have a coolsat 7000 pointed to galaxy 25,,,,,
the only thing about it i dont like is that in the program guide there is no information displayed ,,, which makes it difficult to record events to my external hard drive..
also they dont have God Tv.....

· Hall Of Fame
6,220 Posts
krazy k said:
Since skyangel went to iptv and off dish network i was thinking we would see some new christian channels...
But i havnt yet.
would really like to see God Tv. or Cornerstone or a christian music video channel...
krazy
Oh please! Just another channel to block..

· Godfather
396 Posts

· Legend
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
jorhyne78 said:
I want God TV on Dish also. I love watching the Lakeland, Fla Revival with Todd Bentley. I am forced to watch it online. I sent a request to Dish to add GodTV.
ya so did i send out a request to dish........
it would be nice to see it and more christian channels like it.....

· Hall Of Fame
6,220 Posts
krazy k said:
But i havnt yet.
krazy
There's EWTN, TBN, Angel2 KTV all on Dish.

· Godfather
396 Posts
Oh God I thought those were all shopping channels. !Devil_lol :goodandba

I guess they could try for:

"The Jesus Fishing Network (HD)"

Fishing channels in HD are hot on Dish right now! :D

Terry740 said:
Shopping and religious channels , what a waste of perfectly good bandwidth!

· Hall Of Fame
15,556 Posts
Paul Secic said:
There's EWTN, TBN, Angel2 KTV all on Dish.
Unfortunately, this is a little like wanting your favorite sports team's games all televised. Their are 30 major league baseball teams, 32 NFL teams, etc. Dish probably is covering the largest audience demand, but I'm not that familiar with this particular subject.

· Charter Gold Club Member
22,099 Posts
God has a tv channel? Who gnu?! :shrug:

God in High Definition!

Awesome!!!

· Legend
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nick said:

God in High Definition!

Awesome!!!
You guys are just too funny that i forgot to laugh.....
Please dont dis, a post for a request just because its not your type of channel. Thats just plain RUDE......:nono2:

everyone is able to request whatever channel they want from sports, news, movie's, local's, shopping , .....etc...
So Enough already....
Krazy

Now back to my Thread..........................

I just dont know how dish gets away from the must carry law when it comes to religious channels now that sky angel is gone and over to iptv....

· Hall Of Fame
2,497 Posts
krazy k said:
I just dont know how dish gets away from the must carry law when it comes to religious channels now that sky angel is gone and over to iptv....
K,

I don't think that your posts will ever get much respect because if the "handle" that you choose. "Krazy", why would ANYONE choose that?

As for a "must carry" law, when it comes to religious channels, there is none. Satellite carriers are required to carry PI (public interest) channels (which some religious channels can qualify for but many think that it is a major misuse of PI).

· Hall Of Fame
3,474 Posts
krazy k said:
Please dont dis, a post for a request just because its not your type of channel. Thats just plain RUDE......:nono2:
Ditto to that! Remember that your favorite channel is somebody else's waste of bandwidth. There's enough room for everybody here. :)

· Charter Gold Club Member
22,099 Posts
Nick said:

God in High Definition!

Awesome!!!
krazy k said:
Please don't dis a post for a request just because its not your type of channel. That's just plain rude... :nono2:

Everyone is able to request whatever channel they want from sports, news, movie's, locals, shopping,
etc...so enough already....

Krazy

Now back to my thread...

I just don't know how dish gets away from the must-carry law when it comes to religious channels now
that Sky Angel is gone and over to iptv....
If you'll reread my post for understanding, you'll see that there's no disrespect
there -- implied or intended. If you took it otherwise, I'm sorry. I happen to love
the Lord as well. Other people can love the Lord, too, ya know, and some of
us can even do so and exhibit a sense of humor at the same time.

Be well.

· Hall Of Fame
5,581 Posts
krazy k said:

everyone is able to request whatever channel they want from sports, news, movie's, local's, shopping , .....etc...
So Enough already....
Krazy

Now back to my Thread..........................

Look at the channel guide between 480 and 500 compare that with the potential income from GOD TV and guess why you have a "SNOWBALLS CHANCE IN HE**".:) :) :)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.