DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
New Texan
11,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, another interesting season concludes... but I didn't see an announcement of a Season 3. Hmmmm.....

At least I am satisfied that the punk-ass driver Rick finally getting the boot. And, it's rare to see someone get booted with the notice, "If you see Rick on premises, call police immediately." And, since his face has been shown on national TV, I wonder if anyone would hire him at this point.

Rick, scourge of the mechanics, destroyer of trucks.... now playing at the local demolition derby.

·
Hall Of Fame
7,316 Posts
While there was no official announcement, It was mentioned more than once in the final few minutes that they would be back for again next year.

There appears to be one more episode next week where I suspect they might make some kind of official announcement about season III.

I think it was pretty much a given from the previews who was going to get tossed.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
fluffybear said:
While there was no official announcement, It was mentioned more than once in the final few minutes that they would be back for again next year.

There appears to be one more episode next week where I suspect they might make some kind of official announcement about season III.

I think it was pretty much a given from the previews who was going to get tossed.
even without any previews of who was going to be canned. it didn't surprise me it was Rick.

now what did surprise me, is the fact that he wasn't canned earlier with his abuse to the equipment and attitude. i wonder how much influence the producers of the show had over his boss decision to keep him so long. i guess if they did have some, that might explain why the boss took a 2x4 swing at him on the last day of the season?

·
Lifetime Achiever
28,939 Posts
gulfwarvet said:
even without any previews of who was going to be canned. it didn't surprise me it was Rick.

now what did surprise me, is the fact that he wasn't canned earlier with his abuse to the equipment and attitude. i wonder how much influence the producers of the show had over his boss decision to keep him so long. i guess if they did have some, that might explain why the boss took a 2x4 swing at him on the last day of the season?
The cameras alone would have some influence .. everyone wants to be on TV :)

·
Hall Of Fame
7,478 Posts
Even without the previews, if you have been watching, you could guess that it would be Rick.

While Hugh is a bit of an A__ , he did go in on the new road with a "get the job done" attitude, even when he was hauling the crap loads.

I'd rather have Drew than Rick driving for me.

·
Hall Of Fame
7,316 Posts
gulfwarvet said:

I would suspect the producers had a lot of influence. It is the only reason I can come up with why Rick and Drew ever got a job in the first place. It does make you wonder how much of this was staged.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,678 Posts
Mark Holtz said:
If it was staged, Drew would have been featured more on the show. :)
Well I guess they had to add some odd balls to the show to make it more interesting to watch.In the show 2 weeks ago with the deleted footage,didn't they show Drew giving a back massage to Rick in his hotel ? Interesting eh ? <lol>

·
Hall Of Fame
7,316 Posts
Mark Holtz said:
If it was staged, Drew would have been featured more on the show. :)
I was thinking more along the lines of Rick getting canned.

In regards to Drew, I suspect that Drew in fact did quit his job and that left producers scrambling. If Drew was 'paid for play' then the worst thing producers could do was not feature him as often. The less time on TV, the smaller his pay.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,262 Posts
With the close of the season, we deleted the timer. Too much soap opera and cussing for our tastes. Unfortunately, we thought quite a bit of it was staged or instigated, which takes the emphasis off the actual job and puts it on the stupid personalities.

This is why we don't watch Survivor anymore. Too much scripted conflict and too much psychological profiling to ensure that there's plenty of 'drama'.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.