DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Legend
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There has been talk that E* will allow native pass-through from the 622 reviver. If they do implement this will the HD-Lite MPEG4 channels be allowed to pass-through at their native rate? I know this would be confusing and a problem for most people but I would much rather my VP50 up-scale the picture than the 622.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,130 Posts
William said:
There has been talk that E* will allow native pass-through from the 622 reviver. If they do implement this will the HD-Lite MPEG4 channels be allowed to pass-through at their native rate? I know this would be confusing and a problem for most people but I would much rather my VP50 up-scale the picture than the 622.
1440x1080i and 1280x1080i are part of the 1080i standard and will normally be presented to your tv as 1920x1080i. They fudge some pixels.

·
Legend
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know what 1440 and 1280 HD-Lite are. I just want to have them sent to my VP50 at native resolution and let it scale to 1920 (and de-interlace) before sending to my projector.

·
622 Tips & Trick Keeper
9,880 Posts
Well since no one has played with the Native Pass through feature I don't anyone knows but my guess is they would be pass through at the resolution the receiver receives them. So whatever HD-Lite is in your mind.. It might likely be based through unconverted.

·
622 Tips & Trick Keeper
9,880 Posts
No Jerryyyyyy It is not... It is a feature that was mentioned in a Tech chat as being worked on. The 64K question now is will we see it and when. If we do this will be the first receiver Dish has had that I am aware of that will have this feature. I personally have hoped to see it on the 921, 811, and now the 622. Hopefully my wish will be granted.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.