DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Cool Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please describe how you successfully reconnected BBC's and acquired satellite signals during reboot on a HR20xx or HR21xx.

Without success, I tried menu resets, RBR's and unplugging receivers > 30 minutes. Each time my receivers would timeout on the acquiring satellite info screen and then post a searching for satellite message.

· Premium Member
41,526 Posts
To be of any help, you need to list your setup.
"Basically" you need to remove the SWM, PI & all of the splitters.
You would need to use either a WB68, or barrels to connect "each" receiver to the dish.
Then a reboot to have the receiver shift back to a non SWM system.

· Cool Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
veryoldschool said:
To be of any help, you need to list your setup.
"Basically" you need to remove the SWM, PI & all of the splitters.
You would need to use either a WB68, or barrels to connect "each" receiver to the dish.
Then a reboot to have the receiver shift back to a non SWM system.
My setup pre-SWM was 4 direct lines from Slimline > BBC > receivers ( HR20 (2) and H21).

I removed the SWM, PI and SWS-4 splitter and reconnected my system pre-SWM.

After menu resets, RBR's, and unplugging the receivers > 30 minutes, I was unable to revert back to a non SWM system after each reboot.

6 Posts
I had to do this very thing last night (I broke my SWM and fried an output on the LNB.... Mental note.... Unplug PI before doing any work on the SWM cabling :( ).

If your receivers have the latest software, after it fails to get any signals, go into the menu and choose Satellite setup. In the sat setup menus there should be an option to select your dish, switch type, and number of tuners. From there make sure you have the right dish selected, then select multiswitch (even if you are directly connected to the dish) and then the number of tuners with a cable (I only have one on both my HR21's).

It'll tell you that the changes you made require a reboot and it'll reboot itself and should start working.

· Cool Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dracon said:
I had to do this very thing last night (I broke my SWM and fried an output on the LNB.... Mental note.... Unplug PI before doing any work on the SWM cabling :( ).

If your receivers have the latest software, after it fails to get any signals, go into the menu and choose Satellite setup. In the sat setup menus there should be an option to select your dish, switch type, and number of tuners. From there make sure you have the right dish selected, then select multiswitch (even if you are directly connected to the dish) and then the number of tuners with a cable (I only have one on both my HR21's).

It'll tell you that the changes you made require a reboot and it'll reboot itself and should start working.
Thanks! I bypassed the SWM switch, followed your instructions, and was able to put the receiver back into non-SWM mode and acquire a signal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.